Kango is an cross-browser extension framework, based on web-standards.
Single code base
Write single code which works in the same way on all major browsers: Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari and Opera.
Kango provides full access to DOM and have built-in support for Greasemonkey-style user scripts.
Create long-running scripts to process large data in background.
Third-party libraries support
Cross-domain HTTP requests.
Persistent JSON storage.
Handle browser events and interact with the browser tab system.
Dynamic button with badge in browser bar.
Popup window with any HTML content.
Update extension from your server at any time.
Kango is free for open source non-profitable projects.
To learn more about the commercial license please contact us.
Free license package includes support for Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari.
Download Kango v1.7.0
What's new in the latest version
- Core: Synchronous access to kango.getExtensionInfo and kango.storage in content script
- UI: Native Notifications API
- Safari: Ability to open Kango options page from Safari extension settings
- Firefox: Firefox 30+ compatibility improved
- Firefox, IE: BrowserWindow.isActive fixed
- IE: xhr.send doesn't follow redirect
- IE: Windows API fixes
- IE: Updater fixes
- Lots of bug fixes and improvements