Kango is an cross-browser extension framework, based on web-standards.
Single code base
Write single code which works in the same way on all major browsers: Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari and Opera.
Kango provides full access to DOM and have built-in support for Greasemonkey-style user scripts.
Create long-running scripts to process large data in background.
Third-party libraries support
Cross-domain HTTP requests.
Persistent JSON storage.
Handle browser events and interact with the browser tab system.
Dynamic button with badge in browser bar.
Popup window with any HTML content.
Update extension from your server at any time.
Kango is free for open source non-profitable projects.
To learn more about the commercial license please contact us.
Free license package includes support for Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari.
Download Kango v1.3.0
What's new in the latest version
- UI: Ability to resize popup in runtime (KangoAPI.resizeWindow)
- Core: New API kango.invokeAsyncCallback
- Core: Messaging API fixes
- Core: Ability to configure extension permissions
- I18N: Ability to localize extension name and description (Chrome and Firefox)
- I18N: String interpolation within kango.i18n.getMessage
- Builder: New --no-pack flag to disable extension packaging
- Builder: Ability to set platforms to build using argument --target
- Builder: Better extension validation and error handling
- Windows/Tabs: Ability to get window identifier
- Experimental: Content script header "@run-at document-start" to run content script right after document created (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera)
- Experimental: Notifications API disabled by default, use "permissions" to enable
- Firefox: Popup fixes and improvements
- IE: IE11 and Windows 8.1 compatibility
- IE: Ability to localize updater messages
- Safari: Safari 7 compatibility fixes
- Opera: Opera 17+ compatibility
- Opera: Opera 12 support removed